Start a PORCH
PORCH is a simple, flexible, hunger relief model that allows participants to commit as much or as little time as they have available. Monthly neighborhood food drives, run by PORCH volunteers, are at the heart of this program of effective, grassroots hunger-relief.
How to Start a PORCH Community
To learn more, email us at email@example.com. We will email you information on how to launch your very own PORCH in your community.
- PORCH Communities will provide you with a Start-Up Kit with detailed instructions and advice for your food drive program, including marketing templates to help you get the word out about your new venture.
- We will connect you with mentors and resources and answer your questions every step of the way.
- And you’ll have access to all kinds of helpful materials like an affiliate website, Facebook and Instagram posts, an online donation platform, and promotional t-shirts, magnets, and lawn signs.
We look forward to hearing from you, and adding your city or town to our growing list of PORCH communities!
Why PORCH works
- PORCH is easy. Donors just need to leave food on their porches and volunteers pick it up.
- PORCH is consistent. Monthly drives provide an ongoing and stable supply of food to pantries and program participants.
- PORCH is inclusive. Anyone can help by donating, collecting, sorting, distributing and/or organizing volunteers in as little as a few hours a month.
- PORCH is flexible. Coordinators can request neighbors donate specific items as required by a pantry or program any given month, best meeting the needs of the pantries and families served.