About PORCH Raleigh
PORCH Raleigh provides nourishment and resources for food insecure families in Wake County through monthly neighborhood food drives. We collect non-perishable food donations from the porches of Raleigh residents, distributing them to multiple hunger relief programs including BackPack Buddies, school food pantries, and community pantries. Additionally, we provide fresh food and grocery gift cards to local families in need for healthy and relevant choices for their nutritional needs.
Co-founder, Colleen Streetman was inspired by the success of PORCH model from Durham and Chapel Hill. In May of 2013, she began collecting in her neighborhood in Raleigh. Fighting food insecurity was made easy through monthly food drives collected from donor’s porches. The nonperishable donations provided weekend meals to children at risk of hunger, in partnership with the Inter-Faith Food Shuttle BackPack Buddies program.
Jana Saur, co-founder and Executive Director, became a neighborhood coordinator in March of 2014. Together they grew a grassroots network of volunteers and donors to feed hundreds of food insecure families in the community. PORCH Raleigh became a charitable non-profit in 2016 and is supported by a board of experienced volunteers. PORCH Raleigh is successful because of our large team of volunteers, countless donors and several hunger relief organizations and schools partnering to fill the gaps in our hunger relief system.
Fall Fest: a FUNdraiser for sure!
A Special Thanks to Our Sponsors and Partners
- Avent West: 1st Thurs. of the month
- Baybridge: 1st Fri. of the month
- Bedford: 2nd Wed. of the month
- Budleigh: 2nd Sat. of the month
- Downtown Raleigh: 3rd Sat. of the month
- Fairview Acres: 1st Thurs. of the month
- Falls River: 3rd Sun. of the month
- Five Points: 1st Fri. of the month
- Glen Eden/ Blue Ridge: 3rd Monday of the month
- Longview: 3rd Thurs. of the month
- North Hills: Last Wed. of the mont
- Silverthorne Drive: 1st Fri. of the month
- Silver Lake Bluffs: 2nd Wed. of the month
- Springdale: 1st Fri. of the month
- Summerfield North: 4th Thurs. of the month
- University Park: 1st Mon. of the month
- Westwind: 1st Wed. of the month