PORCH Raleigh regularly collects food donations from Raleigh neighborhoods to support the Inter Faith Food Shuttle’s BackPack Buddies program and school food pantries.
Choose how you want to help relieve hunger in your community
- Find your neighborhood coordinator or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your neighborhood coordinator will email you about when collection dates occur for your neighborhood and will send out reminders.
- Buy food and set out donations on your porch once a month on designated date assigned by your neighborhood coordinator.
- You neighborhood coordinator will collect the food and drop it off at the Inter Faith Food Shuttle.
- Email email@example.com to get start up materials and to get your neighborhood posted on this website.
- Recruit your neighbors by email, social media, neighborhood HOA, or word of mouth.
- Establish a regular collection date each month and email participants before and after collections.
- Collect donations from your neighborhood porches once per month and drop them off at the Inter Faith Food Shuttle.
for the latest news, events & updates, connect with us on:
Who We Serve
Contact your Neighborhood Coordinator for pick ups.
Forest Trail Estates Kelly McDonald: firstname.lastname@example.org
Oak Park Tricia Wendel: email@example.com
Best items to donate are nutritious, child-friendly foods like:
cereals (hot and cold)
packaged noodle or rice dishes
canned fruit, canned vegetables
granola bars, cereal bars, raisins, pretzels
juice boxes, milk boxes,
healthy individually sized snacks.
BackPack Buddies provides children from food-insecure homes with healthy weekend meals during the school year. The children, selected by school principals, guidance counselors, and supervisors of various after school programs, receive a backpack containing six balanced meals and two healthy snacks at the end of every week. Local corporations, civic groups, and individuals help collect and pack bags with kid-friendly, non-perishable foods.
What’s in a BackPack?
- Six meals and two snacks including: 2 proteins, 2 noodles, 2 veggies, 1 fruit, 2 breakfasts, 2 snacks, 2 juice boxes, and 3 milk boxes.
- Low Sodium canned vegetables and proteins
- Fruits in 100% juice
- Nutritious individual-sized, non-perishable foods
InterFaith Food Shuttle